[SoC] New flyer

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 22:55:15 PST 2014

Hi,

as we wait for the grand opening of the student applications,
I just thought I'd note that I've updated the campus-flyer
for osgeo to reflect this year's student stipend has gone
up 10% to US$5500, and to add a QR code which points to

 http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code

https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/flyer/google_summer_of_code/OSGeo_GSoC_2014.pdf
  and

http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/GsocFlyers

--mentors:

what happens next for mentors is signing up on Melange once Anne gives the ok, real names of project dev team members help us figure out who is real and known to us, and who are random spammers (it happens). mentors should ideally be core dev team members for their project with commit privileges, at least one of the mentor or backup-mentor should have that.

all student projects for osgeo need both a primary and a backup mentor, and no matter how good the student is if there isn't a mentor team in place the project can't go ahead. so get recruiting in your fellow dev-team at the same time you are advertising for students. :)

regards,

Hamish
  /
osgeo gsoc co-admin