[SoC] Report 12 - Nasa WWW Multidimensional visualization tool

Gabriele gabrieleprestifilippo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 08:12:47 PDT 2016

This is my twelfh report for the GSoC. I am working on NASA WWW
Multidimensional visualization tool.

      Week 12

Brief description of the idea: My project consists in the development of
a Web Application, using the NASA Web WorldWind framework, to create a
tool capable of visualize multidimensional datasets in more than three
dimensions.

The state of the project as it was BEFORE your GSoC: There was not a
similar project before developed with NASA Web WorldWind. Thus, my
project is an implementation of a new application using the mentioned
framework.

The addition that your project brought to the software: Thanks to my
project is now possible to visualize using different models,
multidimensional datasets in a 3D environment.

Testing the project is possible from the following link: MuViAS Webpage
<http://131.175.59.193/gabriele/>. It is possible to download the
project or even try a demo from an hosted version of the application.

Here a screenshot of the application:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/File:NASA_WWW_Multidimensional_Screenshot.png

Gabriele Prestifilippo.