[Southeast-US] projects? "GIS Tutorial for Atmospheric Sciences"

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Wed May 6 17:17:01 PDT 2015

So I don't know about Atmospheric Science - but I understand the concern.

Eh - so I was one of those guys - ESRI ATP/CTP. I also consult - so I've
been diving more and more into FOSS4G and moving clients in that
direction. I took one class I taught and morphed it into a QGIS class -
I teach that commercially so It's not "free" but you can take a class
that's written for one brand of software and move that into QGIS or
something else. There's enough comparable features between QGIS/ArcGIS
to where it's doable. Plus you've got Grass...and SAGA....and all the
other addons.

It is nice when you don't have to worry about your operating system -
not always doable but it is nice when you can. It's also nice when you
just worry about your data and not necessarily the brand of your software.

As for this group - We don't have much of a plan as of yet - but maybe
this can be one of them. This whole thing was testing the waters to see
how much interest we can generate - so your question/concern is
excellent. Maybe other people have more ideas to what can be done.

Thanks for the email!

Randy

Randal Hale
North River Geographic Systems, Inc