[Southeast-US] projects? "GIS Tutorial for Atmospheric Sciences"

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Wed May 6 18:45:58 PDT 2015

Randal Hale Wed, 06 May 2015 20:21:30 -0400
> Since NCAR owns [the "GIS Tutorial for Atmospheric Sciences"] I wouldn't feel great about just "changing it"

AFAICS we could absolutely *fork* it and reverse-engineer. UCAR/NCAR ~= Federal government, and (unless otherwise noted) federally-funded materials are public-domain. Furthermore, fork/recreate is pretty clearly "fair use," and there's no licensing on any of those pages that even tries to discourage that.

http://gis.ucar.edu/projects/course-introduction-gis (rearranged)
> AUTHORS:
> Greg Dobson - UNC Asheville's National Environmental Modeling and Analysis Center
> Jennifer Boehnert - National Center for Atmospheric Research

Dobson is presumably in our spatial domain, Boehnert is in Boulder (==NCAR main office). In any case,

FWIW, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>