[Southeast-US] Where to learn more about GRASS GIS this spring? In North Carolina.

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 10:05:58 PST 2016

Hi all,

in case you are interested in learning more about GRASS GIS*, alternative
approaches to GIS or urban modeling, here are events you might want to
visit this spring in North Carolina.

* I think you definitively should be interested in GRASS GIS.

US-IALE in Asheville is at the beginning of April and there is a full-day
workshop which provides intro to GRASS GIS, shows how to use Python and R
with GRASS GIS and highlights how GRASS GIS can be leveraged as a platform
for a scientific model - urban growth in this case. There will be also at
least two talks related to GRASS GIS, specifically to lidar data
processing. See more at GRASS wiki:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/US-IALE_2016_Annual_Meeting:_GRASS_related_workshops_and_presentations

FOSS4G NA is at the beginning of May in Raleigh. The early bird
registration ends tomorrow but there are additional options how to get a
discounted price. Talks and workshops are now accepted and it will be great
opportunity to get some basic as well as in-depth knowledge but also to see
some of the latest developments, namely Tangible Landscape:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_NA_2016:_GRASS_related_workshops_and_presentations

Finally, we have monthly GRASS GIS meetups in Raleigh to learn more about
GRASS GIS and about changing and improving GRASS GIS. No previous knowledge
is required for you to participate. Next one is on Saturday, March 19 at NC
State campus. See detailed info at the wiki:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Raleigh_meetups_2016

Let me know if you have questions about any of these,
Vaclav

GRASS GIS Raleigh meetups 2016 (next one March 19)
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Raleigh_meetups_2016

US-IALE, April 3 - 7, 2016, Asheville, NC
http://usiale.org/asheville2016

FOSS4G North America, May 2 - 5, 2016, Raleigh, NC
https://2016.foss4g-na.org/