[Southeast-US] FOSS4G Meeting in Knoxville August 13th 2018

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Tue Jun 12 08:17:20 PDT 2018

Website: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/20180813-knoxville-foss4g

Date: August 13th 2018

Location:

  * Plant Biotech Building
  * UT Ag Campus
  * 2505 EJ Chapman Dr
  * Knoxville, TN 37996

The second FOSS4G meeting is occurring in Knoxville TN August the 13th
2018. Registration opens soon as does a call for papers. Come and share
your stories about Free and Open Source GIS.  Talks, I hope, cover
everything FOSS4G has to offer in 8 hours or less. Of course -
ultimately the talks are up to you. Last years meeting covered
everything from OpenStreetMap to 3D building Capture to LIDAR to Image
Classification. You can see last year's event here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Knoxfoss4g20170519

Registration opens up shortly. Last years even was free and most likely
this years event will cost $10 (or less). Most of that will help cover
parking and lunch. Sponsors are welcome. Last year we had 4 sponsors
cover approximately 600 dollars of the conference. We will yell your
name out at lunch. Maybe we'll get a banner printed. Help sponsor FOSS4G
activities in the southeast.

Randy

--
Randal Hale