[Spanish] WPS Shootout at FOSS4G 2013, Nottingham

Jorge de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Wed Jul 3 00:13:12 PDT 2013

Dear OGC WPS Community,

at FOSS4G 2013 [1], Nottingham, UK, second round of the "WPS Shootout"
will be presented. We are looking for every WPS
implementation on server or client side, which are willing to be part
of it.

Please, if you are interested in the Shootout, join OSGeo wps-discuss
mailing list at [2] *till* 8.7.2013 (discussion should start around this
date, of course, you can join any time later, but we might be already
too far with the tests for you, to join).

What is the "Shootout"? Software projects are compared to each other in
a friendly and collaborative way. There will be no "winner", since "to
win" is not the target of the shootout. Target is to bring community of
WPS developers and users together and get lesson from each other, how
things can be done. And have some fun of course.

We are really looking forward to meet also not so known (or "new") WPS
projects, which are not necessarily related to OSGeo (yet?) - everybody
is warmly welcomed and we are keen to see more WPS enthusiasts to come.

We put together preliminary version of the OSGeo wiki page [3], please
start there with adding your project and contact informations.

Presentation [4] and photos from last WPS shootout (FOSS4G, 2011,
Denver), everything by Jody Garnett.

Jachym Cepicky (PyWPS)

P.S. Please, spread this e-mail across communities and mailing lists

[1] http://2013.foss4g.org
[3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WPS_shootout_2013
[4] http://how2map.blogspot.cz/2011/09/wps-shootout.html

--