[Spatial-Ecology] Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 07:47:32 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,
There are still a limited number of seats available for the* International
Summer School* organized by Spatial Ecology (www.spatial-ecology.net)
<http://www.spatial-ecology.net/> held at the Univ. of Basilicata, in the
magnificent town Matera, Italy.

*Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software** (19th-23th June 2017)*

A 5 days intense experience opening new horizons on the use of the vast
potentials of Linux environment and the command line approach for *geo-data*
 processing using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS, GDAL/OGR, R, PKtools,
OpenForis. We will guide newbies and experienced GIS users who have never
used a command line terminal to a stage which will allow them to understand
and apply very advanced open source data processing routines. Our focus is
to enhance a self-learning approach. This allows participants to keep on
progressing and improving their skills in a continuously evolving
technological environment.

More information and registration:

www.spatial-ecology.net <http://www.spatial-ecology.net/upcoming-events>
www.spatial-ecology.net/upcoming-events
www.facebook.com/spatialecology > see events
twitter: @BigDataEcology

Best regards
Spatial Ecology – Team

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Teaching: http://spatial-ecology.org
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/