[Spatial-Ecology] Geomorpho90m: Global High-Resolution Geomorphometric Layers

Giuseppe Amatulli giuseppe.amatulli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:30:52 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,
I'm happy to announce that our data paper:
"Geomorpho90m: Global High-Resolution Geomorphometric Layers" is finally
out!!!

Mountains, valleys, canyons, plateaus, and ridges are vertical variations
of the Earth’s terrain and are driving processes in geomorphology,
biogeography, climatology, hydrology and ecology. Their characterisation
and assessment, through mathematical morphology algorithms, are crucial to
numerous environmental modelling and simulation analyses. Running
geocomputation algorithms in the Yale Grace-HPC, our team assembled the
Geomorpho90m global geo-dataset, which characterizes 26 standardized
geomorphometric variables such as slope, aspect, curvatures, ruggedness and
geomorphological forms.

Publication: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41597-020-0479-6
Data Download:
https://portal.opentopography.org/dataspace/dataset?opentopoID=OTDS.012020.4326.1
WebGis:
https://openlandmap.org/#/?base=Stamen%20(OpenStreetMap)&center=42.1634,16.0291&zoom=6&opacity=80&layer=dtm_dev-magnitude_merit.dem_m
Manual:  http://spatial-ecology.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=topovar90m

A special thank goes to:
@BigDataEcology <https://twitter.com/BigDataEcology> for their assistance
in writing the article and great teamwork
@YaleCRC <https://twitter.com/YaleCRC> for providing geocomputation
facilities
@OpenTopography <https://twitter.com/OpenTopography> for hosting the data
@opengeohub <https://twitter.com/opengeohub> for making the dataset
available for visualization
@OSGeo  <https://twitter.com/OSGeo>for providing amazing open-source tools
(GRASS GIS, GDAL, PKtools) for massive geocomputation processes.

Follow us on Tweeter: @BigDataEcology, happy free open data downloading :-)
Sincerely

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Center for Research Computing
Yale University
New Haven, CT, USA
06511