[Spatial-Ecology] Course: Geocomputation and ML + GEO-OPEN-HACK

Info Spatial Ecology info at spatial-ecology.net
Tue Dec 5 05:59:36 PST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

In view of enhancing computation skills in the geographic domain,
Spatial Ecology  is organising two events:

1) A two-month training course: *Geocomputation and Machine Learning for
Environmental Applications (intermediate level)
<https://spatial-ecology.net/course-geocomputation-machine-learning-for-environmental-applications-intermediate-level-2024/>.*

The course will be offered online with a supplementary 5-day in-person
segment at the University of Basilicata, in the magnificent town of
Matera, Italy.
This is a wonderful opportunity for PhD students, Post-Docs and
professionals to acquire advanced computational skills with a Linux
computer.

2) Shortly after the aforementioned Matera in-person workshop, we are
co-hosting from 24 to 28 June
"GEO-OPEN-HACK-2024: Big Geospatial Data Hackathon with Open
Infrastructure and Tools (advance level)"
with the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) in
Laxenburg, Austria.
*Graduates from the Spatial Ecology course will be directly admitted to
the GEO-OPEN-HACK-2024*.
Details will be announced shortly.

Please forward to announce these opportunities within your network.

Sincerely,

Giuseppe Amatulli  & the Spatial Ecology Team

*Geocomputation and Machine Learning for Environmental Applications.
(April, May & June, 2024)*
https://spatial-ecology.net/course-geocomputation-machine-learning-for-environmental-applications-intermediate-level-2024/*
<https://spatial-ecology.net/course-geocomputation-machine-learning-for-environmental-applications-intermediate-level-2024/>*
On this course, students will be introduced to an array of powerful
open-source geocomputation tools and machine learning methodologies in
the Linux environment. Students who have never been exposed to
programming in Linux will acquire confidence in using advanced open
source data processing routines. Those with a programming background
will find the course beneficial in improving their programming and
modelling skills. We aim to equip attendees with powerful programming
tools, as well as hone their abilities for independent development. This
will be valuable not only for GIS related applications but also for
general data processing and applied statistical computing in a number of
fields. We strive to provide the best grounding for career development
as a geographic data scientist.

More information and registration: www.spatial-ecology.net
(Apply before Saturday 28 January 2023 for an early bird discount)

twitter: @BigDataEcology

--

Dr. Giuseppe Amatulli,
g.amatulli at spatial-ecology.net