[Spatial-Ecology] enhance your coding skills for handling geographical data!!

Giuseppe Amatulli g.amatulli at spatial-ecology.net
Wed Feb 28 06:36:12 PST 2024

Dear Colleagues,

there are few seats left for these two events that will boost you coding
skills and your computational compatibilities:

1) A two-month training course: *Geocomputation and Machine Learning for
Environmental Applications (intermediate level)*
(https://spatial-ecology.net/course-geocomputation-machine-learning-for-environmental-applications-intermediate-level-2024/
)

The course will be offered online (April-May) with a supplementary 5-day
in-person segment at the University of Basilicata, in the magnificent
town of Matera, Italy.
This is a wonderful opportunity for PhD students, Post-Docs and
professionals to acquire advanced computational skills with a Linux
computer.

2) Shortly after the aforementioned Matera in-person workshop, we are
co-hosting from 24 to 28 June
*"GEO-OPEN-HACK-2024: Big Geospatial Data Hackathon with Open
Infrastructure and Tools (advance level)"
*(https://iiasa.ac.at/events/jun-2024/geo-open-hack-2024-big-geospatial-data-hackathon-with-open-infrastructure-and-tools
) with the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
in Laxenburg, Austria.
*
*
This is event will push the computation to the next level, dealing with
HPC and cloud solutions for handling massive geo-data.
Graduates from the Spatial Ecology course will be directly admitted to
the GEO-OPEN-HACK-2024.

Please forward to announce these opportunities within your network. I
wish to have such a courses during my Ph.D.!!

Sincerely,

Giuseppe Amatulli  & the Spatial Ecology Team

Dr. Giuseppe Amatulli,
Director of Spatial Ecology
g.amatulli at spatial-ecology.net