[OSGeo-Standards] In what ways do you think OGC could benefit from OSGeo, members and projects?

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Tue Aug 21 21:15:04 EDT 2007

One other way for interaction is for the OGC to produce more open source
projects. Having an open source "reference implementation" of many of
their standards is a very very good thing. This even works for those
annoying ISO standards that otherwise stop open source projects dead in
the water (the OGC has a "GeoAPI working Group" that publishes up the
ISO abstractions in the form of Java Interfaces - armed with this you
can figure out most everything a programmer ever wants to know).

Jody