[OSGeo-Standards] Re: [Mapbuilder-devel] OWSContext to support multiple services per layer

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:11:53 EST 2007

Context working group:
Mapbuilder will start building its next release this Friday and we plan
to support an OWS Context which has multiple services per layer, as per
email below.

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions as to how we should do this
differently, we would like to hear them ASAP.

Andreas Hocevar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know there was already some discussion about this on the list. What
> if we have the following in an OWS Context document:
>
>     <Layer queryable="1" hidden="0">
>       <Server service="OGC:WMS" version="1.0.0" title="OGC:WMS">
>         <OnlineResource xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="/geoserver/wms?"/>
>       </Server>
>       <Server service="OGC:WFS" version="1.0.0" title="OGC:WFS">
>         <OnlineResource xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="/geoserver/wfs?"/>
>       </Server>
>
> This would give us a very convenient way to use the same layer for
> issuing WMS requests (GetMap, GetFeatureInfo) and WFS requests
> (GetFeature).

<snip>
It would also allow our client to switch between WMS and WFS based on
user selection or on zoom level or similar.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally