[OSGeo-Standards] "OGC(R) Approves KML as Open Standard"

Raj Singh rsingh at opengeospatial.org
Tue Apr 15 01:40:20 EDT 2008

Chris has it just about right, but let me re-phrase in a way that
helps me think about the differences. Think of KML as a static
representation of the combination of data and styling rules at a
single point in time. SLD specifies how to dynamically style data as
it comes out of a database. The result can be KML, GeoJSON, SVG, PNG,
etc.

---
Raj