[OSGeo-Standards] INSPIRE fit/gap analysis

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Sat Aug 23 15:26:49 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I want to toss up an idea with respect to INSPIRE. Most of the standards
are still in draft, but I think it would be useful for the OSGEO
community to know which gaps have to be filled in order to play a role
in INSPIRE SDI's. This e-mail is mostly to see who is interested in both
INSPIRE and the OSGEO software stack.

I think it could be useful to do an ongoing FIT/GAP analysis between the
INSPIRE implementing rules and the OSGEO software stack capabilities, so
that as a community we know where we stand, and we can quickly make sure
the software stack is ready for INSPIRE. It is an opportunity not to
miss IMHO.

If you are interested, can you please sign up with your name on the
OSGEO Wiki INSPIRE page?
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/INSPIRE

Any further discussion should be done on the OSGEO standards list
(standards at lists.osgeo.org). So if you are interested and not
subscribed, please go to: