[OSGeo-Standards] Re: Geospatial Integration Showcase

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 19:11:00 EDT 2008

In the Australia/New Zealand chapter of OSGeo, we have been discussing
the idea of a Geospatial Integration Showcase.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geospatial_Integration_Showcase

The Geospatial Integration Showcase is a practical demonstration of
Application and Data Interoperability which underpins FOSS4G
presentations and workshops and provides a platform for future
initiatives, including:

    * An GeoFOSS demo CD (often called Live CD)
    * Spatial Data Infrastructures
    * Testing suite programs
    * Open Data programs
    * Future conferences
    * Mashups and Boot Camps
    * Application selection decision trees (a tool for System Architects)

The Integration Showcase is the sum of many long term integration
projects and is structured to be significantly bigger than a one event
demonstrator and all participants are strongly encouraged to think long
term.

Bart, I think your idea of an INSPIRE/OSGeo gap analysis has a lot of
similar goals to the Integration Showcase and I think we have a lot to
gain by working together on this. So yes, I'm interested in an OSGeo
fit/gap analysis.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect