[OSGeo-Standards] Looking for something simpler than GeoJOSN.

Gabriel Roldan groldan at opengeo.org
Tue Aug 4 15:39:13 EDT 2009

We use extensively (mostly for unit test data) the geotools
DataUtilities.createType(...)

The format you describe is exactly what the PropertyDataStore (as in
property files) use to store feature data.

An example content is like:
_=MSLINK:Integer,NAME:String,SHAPE:Point,ID:String
mf1=651|A POINT|POINT(0 0)|gu.25699
mf2=269|A NUTHER|POINT(-35.5 151)|gu.25678

first line being the header defining the type structure. It'a quite
flexible, take a look at DataUtilities.createType and PropertyDataStore,
may be you can use that.

Cheers,
Gabriel