[OSGeo-Standards] Re: [Board] OGC compliance certificates for OSGeo projects?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Jul 15 18:01:53 EDT 2009

I think it's worth bumping this discussion to the dedicated standards list.

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/standards/2008-September/000269.html
links to the OGC-OSGeo MOU.

" For those reference implementations pass OGC Compliance test procedures, and
2) are selected for use by OGC as a reference implementation (or are among the
two additional tests used by OGC to validate the Compliance test for
public use),
the OGC will waive the Trademark License fee associated with Compliance
certification"

Was that signed as-is? Does this help at all? There are likely grounds
for friendly negotiation.