[OSGeo-Standards] Re: Use of logo for clickable icon

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 20:33:43 EDT 2009

I wonder if we can think of something?

Easiest I could think of would be to define client conformance test
based around Open Web Service Contact documents (and/or Web Map Server
context documents).

1. Define a test suite of context documents - each defines the region;
layers and styling required
2. Have an upload (or paste) page for people to upload the screen snap
of their client
3. Process the resulting image with a histogram for the pass/fail
   (you can use more interesting things like edge detection and so on)

That would be fine for a POC.

For more advanced work you provide one of those visual testing tools
and ask people to generate you a script to load the context document
(click the buttons etc) and automate the process of taking the screen
snapshots etc... but that would be for after a POC.

Is this a good idea for a "Call for Participation"?

Jody