[OSGeo-Standards] Re: Use of logo for clickable icon

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:20:50 EDT 2009

Hi Ian - That is not too much of a problem for WMS layers; WFS with
TextSymbolizers could be granted some slack. Render the image once
without symbolizers - and once again with and just check that there is
a difference.

I also have been thinking hard on the "phase 2" automation side of
things ... how can we check the output of a client if we are just
provided a full screen snap. And I think I got something tricky.

The initial WMS can generate a grid of squares where we change the R
component for latitude and G component for longitude. Then as we make
the initial WMS Context request we can look in the image for a large
block of the correct color; and based on the color changes we will get
some idea of the resulting area being displayed (regardless of how the
client is constructing their screen - we should be able to respond to
3D clients in this way - although can sometimes be hard to screen
capture). This would at least let us identify the area of the screen
to crop for the rest of the conformance tests.

Jody