[OSGeo-Standards] Encodings and REST

Joshua Lieberman josh at oklieb.net
Mon Oct 22 05:54:37 PDT 2012

Concerns about consistency here and elsewhere are certainly issues that the OAB has and will take up. There is also a widespread consensus, I think, that multiple implementations are incredibly important for a standard specification to be a success. Any OGC member or group of members may propose almost anything. It is really up to the rest of the members whether a consensus develops to adopt what is proposed, and up to the wider community whether to make use of it.

Best,

Josh