[STDM-user] Help for Use of STDM and authentication

John Gitau John.Gitau at unhabitat.org
Fri Dec 2 02:03:07 PST 2016

Hi Madhy,

The error notification basically indicates that the STDM database being used does not have PostGIS enabled. Do you have PostGIS installed? If not, follow the instructions here, otherwise you will need to add the PostGIS extension to this specific database. Using pgAdminIII tool (bundled together with the PotgreSQL installation):
Log into the database server;
Click to select the stdm database;
Click on the SQL icon to open a new window for entering the SQL command(s);
Paste the following command: CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
While still in the Query Editor window, select the following menu item: Query > Execute;
Try to log in again, it should work now;
Follow the steps outlined under First Time Login section to proceed with the initial configuration: http://stdm.gltn.net/docs/1_4/#t=logging_in_to_STDM.htm
Regards,

John Gitau
Land and GLTN Unit, Urban Legislation, Land and Governance Branch | UN-HABITAT
NOF Block 3 Level 3 South Wing I P.O. Box 30030-00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: + 254 20 762 3032 | +254 (0)722 945 556
Website:www.unhabitat.org | Partners' website:www.gltn.net