Adding persistent Geometry Data via Browser

Nicolas Schmidt ns at NETCETERA.CH
Fri Apr 29 08:30:38 EDT 2005

Steve.

Thanks for your feedback!

To summarize:
- I need javascript code in order to enable painting shapes on the map.
   Are such javascript libraries included in MapServer?
- On the server side, I can fetch the coordinates of the shapes. I guess
   these are image coordinates which I have to translate to geographic
   coordinates? Is MapScript supporting me to do this?
- Then, using MapScript, I can enter the shapes into a shapefile.
   (or, store them in a db and do process them later...)

Has anybody else been implementing something similar? I am glad for any
experiences that anybody would like to share.

Nicolas

Nicolas Schmidt                             nicolas.schmidt at netcetera.ch
Netcetera AG, 8040 Zuerich  phone +41 44 247 79 42  fax +41 44 247 70 75