Anyone want to do a MapServer demo???

Stephen Lime sdlime at COMCAST.NET
Wed May 10 09:08:51 EDT 2006

Hi Folks: Metro GIS is sponsoring a "future of GIS" forum on June 1st.
One of the organizers sent me the message below asking for a 20 minute
MapServer demo- some of the cool, newer stuff you can do with it (and
associated packages). Anyone care to do it? I'm already doing a panel
and would prefer to keep it that way. Let me know...

Steve

Hi, Steve -

I'm organizing some lunchtime tech demos for the June 1 "Imagining the
Future" MetroGIS Symposium.

I was wondering if you or someone you know that works with MapServer
would be willing to do a 20-min demo to show a few things about how it
works and how it is used, for those not familiar with it.

Here's the general info:

- The demos are designed to be something like 20 min, so that people
could circulate through 2 demos over the course of lunch. (2 courses?)
- A projector and internet access are provided.
- The rooms are classrooms at Carlson and hold about 25 people.
- You get up to 2 free registrations to the conference (including
lunch) for doing a demo.
- Information on the demos and presenters will be included in the
handout packet distributed to registrants, and we are hoping to show
"teaser preview" slides of each demo in the main auditorium during
breaks.

(Since I think you are already in free for being on a panel, this might
be a good opportunity to get some students in, if you want…)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

- Nancy Read

Metro Mosquito Control District
2099 University Ave. West