[TCMUG] Next meeting on Tues. Feb 19th

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Feb 15 12:28:56 EST 2008

Hi all: Looks like we'll have a good turn out. I've received 14 confirmations which is terrific.

Getting Here:

The DNR is at 500 Lafayette Rd in St. Paul. Parking information can be found at:

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/contact/directions_parking.html

Please use lot #2 as shown on the map on the URL above. When arriving you'll need to check in at the guard desk just inside the entrance. If you've confirmed you're coming there should be a visitor badge waiting for you (DNR & PCA staff are good to go already). If you haven't called ahead, don't fret as the guards will create a custom, hand-made, badge just for you! The meeting room is the Computer Training Center (CTC) which is located just beyond the guard desk on the 1st floor. For those presenting, the CTC is equipted with Windows desktop machines and a nice projector.

Tentative Agenda:

I have the room scheduled until 6 pm. Here's a tentative agenda:

4:30 - 4:40: Introductions, chitchat and general non-productive discussion.
4:40 - 5:00: The "Matt Pettis" project, presented by Matt Pettis ;-)
5:00 - 5:20: AGIC - Antarctic Geospatial Information Center (AGIC), presented by Paul Morin & Steve Lime
5:20 - 5:40: GeoMoose Update, presented by Bob Basquez
5:40 - 6:00: General discussion and wrap-up (OSGeo annual report, GIS/LIS conference, etc...)

Afterwards? Well, there's a great pizza joint (Savoy Inn) just down the street and/or a couple of great watering holes within a mile or so: Alary's and Great Waters (which also has food). The Wild have a game that night against Vancouver so St. Paul will be hopping!

Look forward to seeing everyone next week. Let me know if you have questions.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR