[TCMUG] Jack Dangermond at UMN

knex0001 at umn.edu knex0001 at umn.edu
Fri Mar 28 20:14:15 EDT 2008

Also, Jack Dangermond will be speaking at the GIS Career and Network Fair
at Coffman Memorial Union at 1:30. There will be a talk on Open Source as
well at the Job Fair. See below.

Hello again GIS users,

The GIS Career and Networking Fair is coming up fast now, (April 2nd, NEXT
WEDNESDAY!) so here are some important details for anyone considering
attending. Attached is also a flyer, which hope you will post or pass on to
anyone who might be interested.

There has been a location change from last year. This year's Fair is being
held in Coffman Memorial Union, in the Mississippi Room. It is on the East
Bank this year, not in St. Paul.

When you arrive, please stop by the registration desk, especially if you
want to sign up for the door prize raffle. That's right, free stuff!

Also, we recommend that you bring copies of your resume if you are seeking
a job or an internship. While we have a range of activities at the Fair,
the focus is still largely about jobs. There will be several exhibitors
looking for interns or to fill permanent positions.

Also, there is a lot of interest in Jack Dangermond coming to this year's
Fair. I'd like to point out that his presentation, "Inside GIS" from 1:30
to 2:30, is specifically aimed at students, and will include some time for
him to answer student questions.

Full Presentation Schedule:
11:00am – 11:30pm
Therese Rowekamp (Rowekamp Associates)
“ArcGIS Model Builder Mini-Tech Forum”

12:30pm – 1:00pm
Len Kne (U of M Masters of GIS student)
“The Minnesota Interactive Internet Mapping Project”

1:30pm – 2:30pm
Jack Dangermond (Founder and President, ESRI)
“Inside GIS”

3:00pm – 3:30pm
Sally Wakefield (1000 Friends of Minnesota)
“Bridging GIS and the Public Mapping Movement”

As always, more information available at: http://www.gisso.umn.edu/fair/

Erik Olson
VP of GISSO