[TCMUG] Fw: WMS help - SDESK-741

Brian_Huberty at fws.gov Brian_Huberty at fws.gov
Thu Aug 30 07:28:50 PDT 2012

Anyone care to check out this new website by USGS to see if these WMS links
really work?

I still think their website is confusing...

Brian Huberty
NWI Coordinator
U.S Fish & Wildlife Service
Region 3 Ecological Services
5600 American Blvd, West; Suite 990
Bloomington, MN  55437-1173
USA

brian_huberty at fws.gov
Direct Phone (612) 713-5332
Toll Free (800) 247-1247 x5332
Cell Phone (612) 308-7306
Fax (612) 713-5292
Ecological Services (612) 713-5350

----- Forwarded by Brian Huberty/R3/FWS/DOI on 08/30/2012 09:24 AM -----

             GS-N-HQ NGP NGTOC
             TNM Help
             <tnm_help at usgs.go                                          To
             v>                        <Brian_Huberty at fws.gov>
             Sent by: Calvin L                                          cc
             Meyer                     <Kenneth_Elsner at fws.gov>
             <clmeyer at usgs.gov                                     Subject
             >                         Re: WMS help - SDESK-741

             08/30/2012 09:06
             AM

Hi Brian,

We added WMS links as an additional column in our list of services at
http://viewer.nationalmap.gov/example/services.html.  As we discussed on
the phone on August 24, an example of a WMS URL is "
http://raster.nationalmap.gov/ArcGIS/services/TNM_Large_Scale_Imagery/MapServer/WMSServer?
" when adding a service to ArcMap.

In regards to your question about 4-band, we do not offer this additional
band in our REST service endpoint for imagery display since the service
itself is a mosaic of 3-band.  However, most downloads of 1-meter imagery
from The National Map Viewer contain 4-bands.  The deliverables of the 2012
NAIP program included 4-band imagery as the base product.

Please contact us again if you have additional questions.

Sincerely
Calvin Meyer
The National Map Service Desk
United States Geological Survey