[Tilecache] tilecache.cfg readonly=yes

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Apr 17 22:37:37 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 11:56:45AM +0930, Andrew Hughes wrote:
> Hey All...
>
> I've tried for several days to fix this and make a positive contribution
> but my py sucks!

> When I add the "readonly=yes" setting to my UnprojectedReadOnly
> WMSLayer, TileCache v1.7 completely fails its initialization.
> Consequently, all layers break and not just the readonly=yes Layer.

This is what happens when a layer in the config is broken, yeah: fail
soon, fail fast, etc.

The problem is that you're attempting to set the readonly property on a
layer. It's only meant to be set on a Cache.

I'm not sure if this was a mailing list post or IRC, but at one point yu
described a desire to have two differnet layers, one which could create
new tiles, one which couldn't. The solution that I offered was to:
 * Change cache to support ability to have a readonly cache
 * Change config to accept a cache as a layer option, so you could
   tell the layer which of several caches to use.

I implemented the first, and the latter would need to be implemented by
someone else in order to solve the problem totally.

Another alternative to b) was to run in a seperate interpreter. (This is
what I'd do.)