[Tilecache] tiles outside of extent

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Apr 23 08:56:23 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 02:11:41PM +0200, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> when requesting a tile which is outside of the maxExtent, I get the
> following error:

That's a different error than I'd expect. Typically, I'd expect the
error to be something like:

"Lower left (%f, %f) is outside layer bounds" % (minx, miny))

I'd accept a patch to make these transparent images, or to read a single
file specified on the layer as a 'broken image' tile.

What I usually do is something like:

OpenLayers.Tile.Image.prototype.checkImgURL  = function() {}
OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError = function() {
    this.style.display = "";
    this.src="./nodata.png";
}

Which says:
 * Don't check the image URL
 * If an image fails to load, use the nodata image.