[Tilecache] Tilecache and MapServer

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 12:02:27 EDT 2007

Hi Christopher,

Sorry about that. It must be the firewall, I should have known better.
Here is the content of index.html

    <head>
            #map {
                width: 75%;
                height: 80%;
                border: 1px solid black;
            }

    <script src="../lib/OpenLayers.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">

    function init(){
	    // Define the map start position
//            var lon = -3.0;
//            var lat = 55.0;
//	    var zoom = 5;
	    var lon = 0.0;
	    var lat = 0.0;
            var zoom = 1;

	    // Create the map object
            var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', {controls: [new
OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar()]});

	    // Create the map layer objects
	    var baseLayer19th = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
		"Nineteenth Century",
		document.location+"tilecache.cgi?",
		{layers: "nineteenth", format: "image/png"},
		{projection: "none"});

	    var baseLayer20th = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
		"Twentieth Century",
		document.location+"tilecache.cgi?",
		{layers: "twentieth", format: "image/png"},
		{projection: "none"});

	    var baseLayerLUS = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
		"1930s Land Utilisation",
		document.location+"tilecache.cgi?",
		{layers: "land", format: "image/png"},
		{projection: "none"});

            var openLayersWMS = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
	        "OpenLayers WMS",
		document.location+"tilecache.cgi?",
		{layers: "vmap0", format: "image/png" });

	    // Add the layers to the map
            map.addLayers([openLayersWMS, baseLayer19th, baseLayer20th,
baseLayerLUS]);

	    // Set the start position
            map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(lon, lat), zoom);

	    // Add the map controls
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
	    map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MouseToolbar());
     }

        </script>
  </head>

    <title>Tilecache Test</title>

Thanks for being patient.

Regards,

John W.

================================
John Westwood
Research Assistant
Great Britain Historical GIS Project
Department of Geography, University of Portsmouth
Buckingham Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HE

GIS Project Office: (023) 9284 2500

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 04:14:10PM +0100, John Westwood wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I did try right clicking on the broken link before, but it did not
mean
> a lot to me - although I know it to be a WMS request. Anyway, here is
an
> example of a broken link location:

Your machine has not been accessible to me since you sent your
original
email. I've tried to access it more than a dozen times. Can you copy
the
*content* of that URL and send it to the mailing list?w