[Tilecache] TC 1.9-rc4 Released

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Aug 22 12:56:57 EDT 2007

So, I went back and cleaned out trac -- turned out there were a fair
number of old bugs that were open, but also a couple of ones that were
unfixed, which are now fixed.

 * Add support for extent_type=loose to allow out of bounds tile
   requests
 * Improved tilecache_seed to only grab one metaTile from each set --
   this drastically reduces the number of requests to precache metatiled
   layers. Also fixed off-by-one error where seed was requesting too many
   tiles.
 * Add tms_type=google to specify that the TMS layer should go down
   instead of up.
 * Add setting of labelcache_map_edge_buffer to the MapServer layer if one
   does not exist on the map object.
 * Make mapnik layer respect layers= config if provided.
 * Remove getClosestLevel, no longer used or neccesary.

The tilecache_seed changes are a huge improvement, and anyone who is
using metatiles and preseeding should definitely check them out. I think
that this puts us a lot closer to a 1.9 final release -- if I don't hear
anything later this week, I'll probably kick out the final release on
Friday.