[Tilecache] Adding layer works in tilecache_seed.py but not in tilecache.py

brindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Mon Dec 3 18:33:07 EST 2007

I have two layers defined in tilecache.cfg as follows:
[drcog]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/mapfiles/DRCOG_2002.map
extension=jpeg
srs=EPSG:26913
bbox=443600,4329000,565500,4457500
maxResolution=2048
levels=14

[drcog_2006]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=d:/mapfiles/DRCOG.map
extension=jpeg
srs=EPSG:26913
bbox=443600,4329000,565500,4457500
maxResolution=2048
levels=14

Both WMS server are working fine and the drcog layer is also working great.
The issue is the drcog_2006 layer.  If I run:
 ...../tilecache/tilecache_seed.py
"http://localhost/tilecache/tilecache.py?" drcog_2006 11 14
the tiles are created just fine.  But when I call:
http://localhost/tilecache/tilecache.py?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=drcog_2006&.....
I get an error message that the layer does not exist and gives me all layers
in the tilecache.cfg file except drcog_2006.

Any ideas?
Bruce