[Tilecache] Problem with resolution

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Feb 27 13:21:30 EST 2007

Hi,

I am using OL with a WMS serveur (same layer than the vmap0 WMS from
metacarta). All this is hosted by a quiet good server. But the 'tiles' take
some time to be displayed. So I am now trying to use TileCache to improve this
but I have some problem to set it up. I modified OL as is:

var options = {maxResolution: 0.04578125,
                    maxZoomLevel: 13,
                    minZoomLevel: 5,
                    numZoomLevels : 7,
                    controls:[]};
map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', options);

And my tilecache.cfg:

[vmap]
type=MapServerLayer
layers=regions
mapfile=/var/local/name/project/vmap.map
resolutions=0.1,0.04578125,0.00071533203125
levels=7
extension=gif

If I go to the maxZoom level or the minZoom level, all is ok, I can see the
map, if I change the zoom between this two level, the map doesn't appear.

Any idea? How can I find all the resolution values?

Thanks,

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin