[Tilecache] tilecache and getFeatureInfo

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Tue Jul 31 10:42:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I need both a cached WMS and the ability to do getFeatureInfo requests.
Right now TileCache doesn't support getFeatureInfo and it would require
a complex scheme to change the request url from tilecache.py to the
mapserver.cgi url at the client side. So I was looking into adding
getFeatureInfo support to tilecache.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Is it feasible at all?
2. Is it desired by other people and/or has soemone tried to write such
a feature?
3. I've no experience with python but from reading the code I figured
that I need to do something like this:
       add a function in Service.py "getFeatureInfo" this should call
wms.fetch() once the WMS parameters are set.
    In Client.py I should add support different request types and add an
extra "Content-Type"

sounds this about right? Am I forgetting something?

Many thanks.
Steven