[Tilecache] Can I cache layers in epsg:23030

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jun 20 12:56:14 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 06:05:46PM +0200, Fernando Zuriaga wrote:
> Memory is slower than disk access???. My disc is IDE, 5years old,
> windowsNT don't cache my disc...Memory is slower than disk access???,
> hard to believe
> Apologize for my english...

Using the Memcached caching backend is, yes. By about a factor of 2 on
some of my hardware, and a factor of 4 on others.

memcached is not zero cost. It's not designed for the use case of a
single machine -- in fact, its inclusion at all is largely a proof of
concept, and is ill-tested for production use (but then again, the same
is true of Windows).