[Tilecache] Showing ESRI-data in with TileCache

Michael Östling michael.ostling at metagis.se
Tue Jun 26 15:18:30 EDT 2007

John,
My final goal is to have an webapplication where I have a very fast static
backgound map like Google maps (but on my own server with my own data).
On top of this i will show dynamic information like train- and carpositions
in real-time. This dynamic layer i plan to render in SVG and it should be
updated every 15th second.  I'm currently working on a solution in ArcGIS
Server 9.2 but I would also like to test what the opensource-community has
to offer.

I'm still in a phase of "impressed but confused". As clients I'm looking
into OpenLayers and MapBuilder. On the serverside I'm looking on MapServer,
GeoServer combined with tileCache. The best combinations of all these are
though hard to see.  I will as you say install all of them and try out the
tutorials

/Michael