[Tilecache] Showing ESRI-data in with TileCache

Steven M. Ottens steven at minst.net
Wed Jun 27 07:50:02 EDT 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 10:20:33AM -0700, Michael ??stling wrote:
>
>> 3
>> Configure OpenLayers to read ArcGISServer MapCache.
>> Perhaps not possible (yet)
>>

> This might be possible to implement for someone who knew:
>  * Python
>  * The MapCache directory structure.

As Bart pointed out, I've written a simple extension on OpenLayers that
does just this. The tough part is to figure out what resolutions and
bounding boxes you need. There's no python involved, why do you think it
should have been?
> This person could then implement the setup in a couple different ways:
>  * Create a Layer subclass that read from the files on disk. This
>    probably makes less sense than creating a...
>  * Cache subclass, which simply takes the tile requests it gets and
>    turns the location it's reading from into a MapCache file location
>    instead of a TileCache file location.

I wrote a layer-subclass. I just did wrote it as a proof-of-concept but
no one seemed to be interested in it, so I haven't done anything else
with it. But if you want it you're welcome to sue it and if you need
help, I'm happy to provide it as far as I can.
> But, to the best of my knowledge, no such thing has yet been built.

hmmm... ;)

Steven