[Tilecache] Easy way to serve large JPG images with TileCache?

Alex Quinn senorsaru at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 21:15:04 EDT 2007

Is there a way to use TileCache to serve a high resolution JPG image,
while offering the map-type interface with zooming and scrolling?  This
is for a digital library.  We want to host some historical map images,
but provide the TileCache interface and performance.  They are just
plain JPG images.  Is there something better we should be looking at?
(Flash and Java are ruled out.)

Thanks,
Alex