[Tilecache] Which is better, MapServerLayer or WMSLayer?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Mar 2 09:47:17 EST 2007

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 10:16:22PM -0600, Tim Langlois wrote:
> Performance wise, is one better than the other?  Assuming I am using
> mod_python.

No clue. I've never tried to render the same layer through the different
methods with any speed testing. I'd be willing to bet that the time is
difference is insignificant compared to the rendering time, however.

(Note that if your data is cached, it doesn't matter at all which layer
type you use -- the layer render() method never gets touched.)