[Tilecache] Watermarking Tiles in TileCache

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue May 1 06:59:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 01:46:52PM +0930, Andrew Hughes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Some tile sources do not provide water marking of their images... or
> even very simple text based watermarking that looks terrible. Firstly,
> this is is not difficult to implement and I have attatched python code
> that does just this. Even I know very little python but the attached
> code does work.

The Python looks pretty decent -- no complaints.

> I understand that this is bespoke functionality, however I would like to
> offer it to the community/MetaCarta as a contribution. Integration of
> this into TileCache could be very easy....

So long as the default path avoids this code, I'm willing to integrate
it. In addition to the 'watermarkImage' parameter, I think an
'watermarkOpacity' parameter should also be made available. If you could
write a patch to the TC code, then upload it to trac
(http://dev.tilecache.org/) and let me know, I'll take a look at it
then.

Thanks,