[Tilecache] severe problems with 1.8.1

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri May 11 07:00:29 EDT 2007

Hi list,

we have just seeded a zoom level, but a lot of the tiles on this level fail
to load using Tilecache 1.8.1. The error message which comes up is:

An error occurred: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
  File "/var/www/cgi-bin/tilecache-1.8.1/TileCache/Service.py", line 421, in
modPythonHandler
    host )
  File "/var/www/cgi-bin/tilecache-1.8.1/TileCache/Service.py", line 405, in
dispatchRequest
    return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
  File "/var/www/cgi-bin/tilecache-1.8.1/TileCache/Service.py", line 376, in
renderTile
    sys.stderr.write(

If I reload the URL 10 times in Firefox, approximately 50% of the times it
will come up with this error message, and the other times the image comes
back.

Using Tilecache 1.6 on the same cache works fine.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Bart

--