[Tilecache] empty string for float()

Benoit PESTY tchule at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 05:45:19 EDT 2007

Hello,

I’m trying to test TileCache on my desktop and i’m having the following
error :

An error occurred: empty string for float()
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line 479, in
cgiHandler
    format, image = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info, req_method,
host )
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line 395, in
dispatchRequest
    tile = WMS(self).parse(params, path_info, host)
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line 120, in
parse
    return self.getMap(param)
  File "C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line 123, in
getMap
    bbox  = map(float, param["bbox"].split(","))

I’m under windows XP, I’m using ms4w and OpenLayers.

I’ve downloaded Python 2.5 for windows and updated the first line of the
tilecache.cgi

Here is my config file :

[cache]
type=DiskCache
base=C:\workspace\tilecache\cache

[layer]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?&map=C:%2Fworkspace%2Fcarto%2Fserver_conf%2Fcarto.map
extension=png
srs=EPSG:26915
bounds=47860,1620431,1197822,2677441

Have someone any idea of where to begin to search ? I’m a complete noob with
Python.

Thanks,

Tchule.