[Tilecache] Text labels getting smudged with tilecache

louvy.joseph at gmail.com louvy.joseph at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:31:49 EST 2007

Thanks. Yes, the mimetypes are mixed up.

Since I had problems with transparent png24 in IE versions, I had to
resort to png8 and tilecache.cfg setup for png8 did not work out well
for me. So I had to hardcode the format to png8 in Layer.py instead of
using self.format() call. Things worked out ok but except for this
smudge. I did not suspect the smudge to be result of my change.

For some reason, I could not use "extension=png8" in tilecache.cfg. I
will try if I can figure it out but if you know any tips on how to
configure png8, I appreciate.

Thanks again
Louvy