[Tilecache] using tilecache to serve programmaticly created mapnik maps

Graham Carlyle graham.carlyle at maplecroft.com
Fri Nov 9 07:31:16 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 07:19 -0500, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> So, TC 2.0 was supposed to have a refactoring that turned layers into
> sigle files in the TileCache/Layer subdirectory. I wrote it before I
> started work on 1.9, then decided there were too many things to fix in
> 1.9 to just go with itt so I need to go back and pull it back.
>
> THis would be well suited to that -- you'd just drop your
> Layer/MyMapnik.py into the directory, and edit your conig, and be off
> and running.

I'd prefer not to have to put my application's module into a 3rd party
application's (TileCache) package structure though. Thats why I added a
scoped module config option so that I could reference a module living in
a different package.

> That said, in the meantime, what you've done sounds fine, and I have no
> architectural concerns about it -- just regret that I didn't go ahead
> and work on the bits I should have to make this easier for you.

I could add a ticket and a patch of my changes to TileCache's trac if
you'd find it helpful.

cheers,
Graham