[Tilecache] Creating world files in TileCache

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Nov 15 16:18:44 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 12:23:54PM -0800, brindahl wrote:

> I have TileCache working fine but I have a question.  Can the JPEG world
> files also be created when the JPEG file are made?  This way I can use
> MapServer to serve the tile structure as a wms (i.e. to ArcGIS) in addition
> to using TileCache as a web application and reuse the same image files.

I'd take a patch to add an optional switch to the disk cache to cause it
to do this.

Note that GDAL trunk (what will be 1.5) can talk to a WMS-C server in
the backend, and serve WMS requests from it:
http://gdal.org/frmt_wms.html has details . If you have the ability to
run the server, you can then stick GDAL/MapServer in front of it to act
as the MapServer, rather than serving from many files, which will
probably make your life easier.