[Tilecache] further to my previous post

David Herbert darb1 at bas.ac.uk
Thu Nov 22 05:27:39 EST 2007

I have experimented with the "buffer" option when creating OL layers.
Setting this to 0 eliminates all the bad requests permanently.  However
I think this leaves the app with having to do more server round trips
for tiles when the user drags the map?  My previous buffer value was 1.
Obviously this causes OL to sometimes generate requests outside the box
specified in tilecache.cfg.

For my most zoomed out levels, there won't be any data in these areas
so I suppose what I need is a way of specifying how many rows of tiles
to buffer based on the zoom level of the map.  This way I guess I can
make most use of OL's thinking ahead to possible user requests while
eliminating futile requests which won't work and degrade app
performance.

David.

--
This message (and any attachments) is for the recipient only.  NERC is subject
to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the contents of this email and any