[Tilecache] tips on seeding the cache

angus scown gus at sdx.com.au
Tue Oct 16 21:31:59 EDT 2007

I am trying to understand how to increase the throughput of the seeding
program.  Watching the output as it churns through the requests I am
trying to debug where the blockage  is.  Each tile is taking 20 seconds
to create.  If I look at the apache log and mimic the requests the tile
cache is making to the WMS the requests are returning images in
subsecond response times as is expected.

The server it is running on is not under any load and I am trying to
work out where the throughput blockage is.  I am getting results such as
[20.4531s : 0.048/s] 52/252 from the seed program.