[Tilecache] agg support

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Oct 30 16:39:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 03:25:45PM -0500, Simon Cantem wrote:
> Doh! Damn jetlag, I knew it would be something simple, thanks for
> pointing that out. I'm no longer getting an error, but it's still not
> rendering with agg. I've tried calling it with:
>
> this.topoline24 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("TopographicLine Agg",
> "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/tilecache.cgi", {layers: 'topographicline',
> format: 'agg/png24', gutter: 15}, {isBaseLayer: false} );
>
> this.topoline24 = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("TopographicLine Agg",
> "http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/tilecache.cgi", {layers: 'topographicline',
> format: 'png', gutter: 15}, {isBaseLayer: false} );
>
> but both produce the same result. Any ideas on how to call it properly
> to get it to render through agg?

They should return the same result, but that doesn't neccesarily mean
that it's not producing agg. TileCache ignores the format parameter (all
parameters besides Request, Service, BBOX and layers, actually).

Watch your Apache logs when your run TileCache with a cleared cache.
Open the /cgi-bin/mapserv URL that TC is hitting. View it in a browser,
and tweak the URL until it looks how you want, then tweak  your
TIlecache config to match.

Since TC sends a 'format=image/'+self.extension, it's possible that this
is overriding your earlier ?format=. I would advise configuring your
AGG/PNG24 IMAGEFORMAT to be the only image format with a mimetype of
"image/png" as a possible solution. (I think that's what I did.)