[Tilecache] setup tilecache under apache/linux...

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Sat Sep 8 11:07:00 EDT 2007

Ok, here are a few benchmarks...

HW: 2 identical servers, one running RHEL5 x64, the other W2K3r2 x64
  2 quad core, 8GB, tiles on dedicated 15K raid 10 drives.  GB network
between servers and testing host.

Testing software: TestComplete 4 50 simultaneous users.  Each user pulling
20 tiles already in the cache.

Win CGI:  all users returned in 22-24 seconds.  Avg connection time 1 sec
Linux CGI: all users returned in 8-12 seconds.  Avg connection time .55 sec
Linux Mod_Python: all users returned in 6.3-6.8 seconds.  Avg connection
time .35 sec

All requests returned ok (AGS didn't fare too well on that mark, after 30
users, some requests failed, and we locked the server at 50 users).

I'll load remote exec software next week and bump the test up to 250 users
(the software only allows 50 users per testing machine).

John