[Tilecache] Basic Questions

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:10:38 EDT 2007

Hi There, Just started an implementation of TileCache with OpenLayers
as UI ... but using non-spatial images.

So just the basic details ... the tilecache.cfg looks like this ...

[cache]
type=DiskCache
base=c:/tmp/tilecache

[test]
type=ImageLayer
file=C:/Capture_00039.JPG
bbox=0,0,3648,2736
filebounds=0,0,3648,2736
maxresolution=4

This is the actual dimensions of the image (3648,2736) and I only want
4 zoom levels.

the js code with OpenLayers looks like this ...

	function init(){
		map = new OpenLayers.Map( $('map'));
		map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("test", ["tilecache.cgi?",
"tilecache.cgi?"], {'layers':'test'}, {maxResolution:4, maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(0,0,3648,2736)}));
		map.addLayer(test);

so this works 'ok' ... when the page loads it is blank :( ... as soon
as I drag around the tiles appear. There is a thick black border
around the image but only on the top and right.

Also, If I zoom in beyond the 4 levels, I get pink dead tiles.

Is there something simple I am doing wrong with the dimensions?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff